Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Customs

Today was another day of looking around and checking out some furniture stores. It was very interesting to see what they think is comfortable. Let's just say the furniture we are used to comfort wise was a little bit more on the pricey side. I don't think 3700 euro for a couch is really in our budget. Most of the couches felt like a very hard piece of foam with no neck support because they are a lot shorter in height. We will see what we can get used to and compromise to.
We went to a mall and had some Asian food. This made Tyler pretty happy. Although I must say we have liked everything we have tried so far. Mine was some fried noodles with chicken in it. It was tasty but things around here are not spicy. It tends to be more on the bland side of things.

We did buy a new hair dryer, it is exactly like Heathers. I have no idea what the features are except that it blows hot air in two settings and has a cool setting too. We got it for a really good price. I would say that the store we went to was similar to a TJMAXX except not nearly as big. Everything is marked down to a good price.

We are still trying to get our boxes out of customs. They seem to think that our personal effects are not really our personal effects. The guy I talked to today said they might even request receipts for the items that are in the boxes. I told him that wasn't possible since we had owned these things for years and are just moving here from the USA. He had me send a e-mail with everything I could remember being in the box with details. I did that but I will probably have to call tomorrow to find out if anything else is going to happen. They don't call back from what I have witnessed. I can't hardly wait for them to give us a verdict on what is going to happen. Tyler really needs his coats since he didn't end up bringing one with him besides what is in those boxes. If you think of it, I would really appreciate your prayers.

In the evenings after the kids go to bed we usually play Matt and Heather in some kind of game. The last three nights Settlers of Catan has been the big addiction. It is similar to Risk but not nearly as long. You have city and settlements and you have roads. You try to build up your settlements to cities so you gain more points and your roads have to connect to them. You also can get points from having the longest road and from other special playing cards you can buy. So far Tyler and I have not won once, but we still really enjoy the game. We will probably buy one when we go home to play with family.

We did not end up getting the apartment. The landlord found someone who was willing to rent for over three years and they went with them. That is pretty understandable to Tyler and I since we are landlords ourselves. We are back on the hunt and hopefully over the next few days we will hear back on some apartments so we can go and view them. It will be exciting to get settled in a place of our own but we feel content for now. Everything is being taken care of.
I hope everything is going well for you all. Take care and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading blogs of friends! Thanks for updating yours and I look forward to the journey ahead. Funny story: Yesterday at the beginning of 7th hour an office aide came into my room carrying our blue paisley basket. It was full of the 2 bowls and the snacks that we had taken to your church for your going away party. Well Dustin and I had forgotten it at the church and Tyler was going to bring it when they had lunch on Monday at CHina Friends. Well the basket never made it to our house and honestly I forgot about it!!! Well the chex mix and the apple straws were still tasty and then kids in my class sure enjoyed the snack! Tell Maria (I am guessing she brought it to the school) thanks from us!

    ReplyDelete